Friday 9 November 2012

The Best Trifle Ever

Description:
I've never been a huge fan of trifle, but when I came across this recipe I knew I had to try it.....well I wasn't disappointed & judging by the number of helpings Lee has had he didn't find it too shabby! It was on the menu last christmas and I believe it will make a repeat performance this year.

Ingredients:
* 500 gm box frozen mixed berries
*2&1/2 cups water
*1 cup caster sugar
*1 tsp vanilla bean paste
*300 ml thickened cream
*1/2 cup icing sugar
*250 gm mascarpone
* 18 salvolardi biscuits
* Extra berries and chocolate curls, to decorate (use your favourite chocolate)

Moscato Jelly
*1&1/2 tblsps powdered gelatine
*1/4 cup of water
*750 ml bottle pink moscato sparkling wine

You will also need a large 3 litre serving bowl.



Directions:
To make the moscato jelly sprinkle the gelatine over the water in a small heatproof jug. Sit the jug in a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until dissolved.
Meanwhile in a second saucepan stir the moscato over a medium heat until warm. Combine the gelatine & then pour into the large glass bowl you will serve the trifle in. Refrigerate until the jelly is set.

Once the jelly is set place the berries, water, sugar & half of the vanilla in a saucepan. Cook, stirring until the sugar is dissolved then bring to the boil. Strain & reserve the berries. Refrigerate the syrup and the berries until cold.

Beat the cream with icing sugar & the remainder of the vanilla until soft peaks form. Stir the mascarpone in another bowl until smooth and then fold into the cream.

Dip 1/2 of the biscuits, one at a time, into the berry syrup and arrange in one layer over the jelly.Sprinkle with 1/2 of the reserved berries. Then add 1/2 of the cream/marscapone mixture. Repeat.

Decorate the top with the extra berries and chocolate curls.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds yummy to me, but what do I know. You did have to mention Christmas though, now I have to go work on my list.

    ReplyDelete